Wow…I received not one..not two…but six awards from Dan at Missing The Muse. Thanks, my friend, and I feel these are quite special and am going to include them on my Awards Page. Dan is on a kind of hiatus from blogging here…but he can be seen (alive and well) on his Facebook page. Check him out…he’s very talented in many areas of the Arts and is definitely a Wordsmith extraordinaire!
So, as all awards go, we have some rules to follow to pass these wonderful awards on to others. All my nominees deserve these six awards and many more. All are excellent bloggers, writers, photographers and poets and I am feeling privileged that they share their works with me.
(1) Thank the person who nominated you! “Thanks, Dan!”
(2) Do the Q&A below. Look below…yeah…a little bit further…okay.
(3) Pass on the award to 10 – 12 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs. Okay, will do!
Questions to Answer:
Favorite colour? – Blue
Favorite animal? – Dog
Favorite number? -14
Favorite nonalcoholic drink? – Diet Pepsi
Favorite alcoholic drink? – Budweiser Lite
Facebook or Twitter? – All of them!
My Passions? – Writing, my family, and my blogging buddies.
Giving or Receiving Gifts? – I totally LOVE giving gifts…getting them usually makes me blush!
Whew, that’s the hard part. Now for the nominees!
1. We Drink Because We’re Poets – These awards go to the group of poets, storytellers and photographers that make up this great site. Whenever you need some inspiration…jump on over and one of them will be sure to help you!
2. Readful Things – Ionia is unique, interesting, funny and most of all, an excellent blogger. Check out her site and be prepared to be wowed!
3. Musings Of An Old Fart – BTG is someone I feel is the Paul Harvey of our times. His writings are informed, full of Americana and thought provoking! When I think of Excellence…I thing of him. Check his site and get the real low down on some of today’s issues! I’m not sure he accepts awards…but I just had to add him!
4. Bashars Outpost – Okay, I don’t think Bashar accepts awards…but I’ve known him long enough and followed him with such delight that I couldn’t complete this list without his name on it. His writings are direct…to the point…and often shocking! He takes the liars, the cheats and the politicians of this world and holds them accountable! But, he also makes me laugh and we’ve shared quite a few chuckles together!
5. GrannyK Reports – Granny K is my twin sister by a different mother! Well, she could be! We share so many similar thoughts, observations and chuckles that we might have been meant to be twins but got mixed up in the last minute birth shuffle! Anyway, Granny’s site is always a pleasure to read and I love her wit! So, get over there and see what the other Grandma thinks about life!
6. Cubby’s Corner – Debbie Gies says it all with her tagline…”I am Me!” She’s a wonderful writer and is kind enough to share her journey of self publishing with us. Check out her corner of WordPress…it’s well worth a visit especially if you want to know more about self publishing. She’s happy to help!
7. A Thankfully Imperfect Woman – Patty O is just like me…imperfect and proud of it! Her posts are heartwarming and a real pleasure to read. She’s down to earth and close to her faith…a perfect combination!
8. Dancing Thru Years – Bitty Girl’s site has it all. Her thoughts, her trials and tribulations being a caregiver and some really awesome recipes! She’s my age so we share a lot of the same experiences…and she shares my pain in being a caretaker. So, hop on over and check her wonderful site!
9. The Vanilla Housewife – This mommy shares her life with her two kids and husband in a very funny, witty way. I always enjoy reading about her family’s antics and her reactions to the world around her. Grab a cuppa and a chair and drop in on a great blogger!
10. Making Meaning – Faeangel (Angela) does it all…poetry, art and great stories about her family. Visit her neat little site and you’ll find she’s a pleasure to follow! You’ll recognize her by her “inky” fingers!
11. Desiree – Juni Desiree is new to my site and each time I visit hers, I am enchanted. She’s fresh, she’s bright and she’s a warm, compassionate young lady. Check out her site and see why I love to visit her and hear her latest thoughts!
12. An Upturned Soul – Ursula is another blogger that can do it all. One look at her photographs will have you hooked. She’s a great source of inspiration and deserves a visit! So, get over to her site and check it out!
Whew…I did it! Just a note to all my nominees…there are “no strings attached” to these awards. Please accept them as an acknowledgement for having enjoyable and interesting sites and for as recognition for your skills in entertaining your readers. I hope you will pass them on to other bloggers and make their day but if time doesn’t allow that, at least take the following award buttons and post them on your site. You deserve them!
To any bloggers that I haven’t included in this post or in previous award posts…please realize that I follow many, many bloggers and it’s impossible to list all of your most excellent sites…and I still have a load of awards to address so I might be saving you for one of those!
Congrats to all my nominees and another heartfelt thank you to Dan for nominating me for these awesome awards!
Here’s the buttons you need to post to your sites:
Enjoy them…you’ve earned them!