It’s Arts and Crafts time here at Camp NaNoWriMo, so as I mentioned, since I am all thumbs, I will put this class time to different uses. First, I hate to brag..I really do. Ask anyone, I’m a very humble person. But, since I’m about to pass this award on to 15 other Versatile Blogger’s, I thought I’d share with them my rewards for writing about all different walks of life and putting my views about current events (or past ones) out there.
Today, I woke up and discovered that I now have 300 WordPress Followers. In just a few short months, 300 people decided that my posts might deserve a peek here and there. Wow, I am honored and I want to thank each and every one of them for their support. I also now have reached over 5000 views and over 1000 of those all important and cherished comments. In only two months, you all have made me feel appreciated and loved, so let me pass some of that love on right now.
Now, of course, there are rules that I and my nominees must follow to wear this badge with honor and they are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( You know who they are. If not, you’ll be able to look through all the great blogs out there and in no time, you’ll find your 15.)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — then let them know you think they’re special by notifying them of their nomination (you might want to give them a link back to your post.)
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
First, I want to thank Joel Tipple,whose blog “Write Here, Joel” is a source of inspiration to me! Hugs and Kisses Joel! Check out his blog, you’ll find it entertaining and insightful.
Now, of course I’m doing things out of order, so next, I’ll tell you seven things about myself that I haven’t mentioned before.
1. I love the rain. It’s when my muse speaks to me the most.
2. I love dogs and I dislike cats. I can’t outright hate them because my granddaughter has one. But, when given a choice, I’d rather pet a skunk than a cat.
3. I drive a little red car.
4. I cry at sad movies, happy movies, when people perform acts of kindness, well..the list is too long to list. I cry at things that touch me, let’s leave it at that.
5. My mother is 87 and still kicking. Hi, Mom!
6. I love music, especially tunes from the 60’s and 70’s. Bon Jovi wants me!
7. I’m not always cranky, “Shut up, Danny!” Ignore my SO, he knows not of what he speaks!
O.K. Now you know much more than you’ll ever need to about me. So let’s move on to my nominees, who inspire me, who make me laugh and make me cry.
Gatlit Balli – Adventure In Words
Ben – “Ben’s Bitter Blog”
Katy – “Happy Little Somethings”
Bashar – Bashar’s Outpost
mewhoami – MeWhoAmI
Elizabeth – Myeyesareuphere
Ned Hickson – Ned’s Blog
Granny K – Granny Reports
Marsha – Another Boomer Blog
Valerie – Atlanta Mom Of Three
Professor Riley – Rileys Blog of Fame
Danielle – Keeping Up With The Holsbys
FTWM – Mummyshyez
Frances – Frances 59’s Ramblings
Sara – This Southern Mom
There they are! My nominees that I feel deserve this award.
I want to have a word with my nominees. This is a gift of love I am sending. You are not obligated to pass this award on to others, but I hope you do. I just want to recognize you for the great posts you write and to encourage you to continue writing them. And, I’ve nominated you so other bloggers know you’re out there and discover how versatile you are!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of followers and you can’t come up with 15 nominees of your own, just list the ones that do touch you in some way. (You can also go exploring like I did a few weeks ago; oh, the wonderful sites I found!)
O.K., now everyone can come back in the room. I want to thank everyone for the love and support you have shown me in the two short months I’ve been on WordPress. I also look forward to a long and wonderful relationship with you and your amazing sites.
Oops..I think I hear the dinner bell! I must leave now and join my fellow NaNoWriMo campers and cook some words over the campfire. See ya soon!